Those of you who may have built or bought a new home in the City of Santa Fe over the last few years may be familiar with the terms ‘HERS Rating’. HERS (Home Energy Rating System) is a tool for measuring the energy performance of a home. It has become the standard method across North America for ranking homes in terms of energy efficiency. Much like the MPG (miles per gallon) rating on a car; a HERS rating describes how energy efficient a home will be. But energy performance is not the only way to quantify a home’s efficiency.
- Passive Solar Design
- Palo Santo Designs on Parade
- New to Santa Fe? Here Are 7 Great Things To Do
- What is the LEED Program for Home Building?
- Radiating Energy Efficiency in Our Santa Fe Homes
- The WERS Rating and How It’s Helping Our Homes Save Water
- Green Home Building in Santa Fe
- 9 Things to Know About Settling in Santa Fe
- How Rain Catchment Saves Water for a Home
- Santa Fe Home Showcases Best of Green Building & Design
- Santa Fe Chosen as One of the World’s Most Desirable Places to Retire
- Indoor Air Quality is a Priority With Our Home Builds
- HERS – Home Energy & Efficiency Rating Systems
- What Every First-Time Custom Homebuyer Needs To Know
- Pre-Planning Can Make a Building Dream, a Reality